The Blessing: The Difference Maker


the difference maker


Who does not want to be blessed? Everybody wants to be blessed, including you and me. It is a good thing to be blessed and I’m not just talking about spiritual blessing, but blessing in all things as Abraham was blessed. We usually sing the song, 'Abraham's blessings are mine.' Why? Because we all want to be blessed as he was.

Abraham was now very old, and the LORD had blessed him in every way.”  (Gen 24:1)

Dear friend, it is God’s will for you to be blessed in every way – spiritual, financial and physical. 

 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. (3 John 1:2)

However, we see that even though it is God’s desire, yet this is not our experience. All around us we see death, poverty and debt, sickness and disease. How did we get here? How did we fall short of experiencing God’s glory (his blessing and presence) in our lives and nation? The bible tells us why:

“For all have sinned and have fallen short of God’s glory. (Rom 3:23)

“The wages of sin is death… (Rom 6:23)


Sin is the breaking of God’s law (Ex 20:1-10), and as a result death came upon man with its attendant curses. All the pain and sorrow we see in the world today are just symptoms of sin manisfesting itself.

“Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.” (Rom 5:12)


But thanks to be God that now in Jesus Christ the curse has been removed and the blessing restored.

“Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.” That the blessing of Abraham might come to the gentiles, that we may receive the promise of the Spirit by faith.” (Gal 3:13-14).


"And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abraham belongs to you." (Gal 3:29) (NLT)


Jesus came to restore to us the blessing and presence of God that we lost through sin. Like in the life of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and countless others, the blessing is the difference maker in life, family and business. The blessing of Abraham can now be ours in Christ Jesus, and that means being blessed in all things.

Dear friend, do not be deceived, the curse is out there and no amount of personal labor and effort can prevent it from overtaking you. The blessing is the difference maker.


“The blessing of the Lord maketh rich and adds no sorrow to it.” (Prov 10:22).

Someone may ask, what is the blessing? The blessing is not material or physical. It is the power and presence of God in the life of a man that causes him to become all that God intended for him. It is the original mandate that God gave to Adam in the garden of Eden.

"God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground"." (Gen 1:27).

It was the blessing that enabled Adam to dominate his environment and fulfil God's purpose for his life while he was in the garden of God's presence.

When Isaac sent Jacob to his uncle Laban when Esau threatened to kill him, he didn't give him any material possession but released the blessing upon him.

"May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and increase your numbers until you become a community of peoples. May He also give you the blessing of Abraham, to you and to your descendants with you, that you may possess the land where you now reside as a foreigner, the land God gave to Abraham." (Gen 28:3-4)

Dear friend, won’t you give your life to Jesus Christ and save yourself from the curse out there and the coming judgement? Say this prayer if you sincerely want to be born again.

I believe Jesus is Christ the anointed one and savior. I believe you died for my sins and God raised you up from the dead for my justification. I repent of my sins and received Jesus as Lord of my life. Thank you for saving me and I confess that I am born again in Jesus name. Amen.


Prayer Point
  •  Heavenly Father thank you for saving me and translating me to the Kingdom of your son Jesus (Gal 1:13). I declare that sin, sickness, poverty have no dominion over me and my family in Jesus name.
  • Jesus has redeemed me from the curse of the law, therefore, I reject sickness, disease, poverty and debt. I declare the blessing of God is over my life, family and business in Jesus name.
  • As I walk in love and faithful in giving my tithes and offerings, the blessings of God overflow in and around me in Jesus name. 
  • I am blessed and prosperous in Jesus name.



Comments

  1. Great write-up Aniete. Thanks for being a blessing. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,you always a blessing to your generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have learnt that my soul as to prosper then good health, riches what ever I want will be mine.....soul prospering through the word of God......nice one....God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment