What complaining Says About You


In the month of March, 2016, I had a very challenging time at my former place of work. The pressure had been pilling but it seems all hell just let loose in March. My boss just seem to have a problem with everything I did. I just couldn't do right! At least it felt that way. It really got so bad that I was threatened with sack! Although at times the blame was squarely on my shoulders, but there were those times I felt it was just passing the blame because there was simply no well thought out process for handling projects. And the financial situation of the nation is not helping either with the bills piling.

The reality is that every business owner really knows how difficult it is to do business and can begin to exasperate staffs unknowingly for some. This is what every worker must realize. Its not just time to expect but also to make reasonable sacrifice for your organization.

I was telling ( complaining really to ) someone about the treatment I have been getting from work lately and he made a statement that got me thinking about my attitude to this whole episode. He said that it must be very bad for me to talk like this since I don't usually complain. That was when I realized I had been complaining. In the process of explaining how challenging work has been, I also revealed how bad my attitude has also become by complaining.

God's way of responding to external pressure and handling challenges has never been by complaining. God hates complaint, because one who is always complaining will never appreciate God's goodness or see what he is doing around them. It also makes us weak and vulnerable, because we become dependent on others treatment of us. God hates it for what it does to us and makes us.
"Nor discontentedly complain as some did - and were put out of the way entirely by the destroyer (death)" (1 Cor. 10:10).
God's way has also been prayer with thanksgiving and trust. Even praying for those who spitefully use us. Because his goal is not just to save us or our jobs or make things easy and smooth for us, he's also interested in their salvation.

So now instead of complaining, I have resolved to prayers and trusting God. 

"Who is among you who [reverently] fears the Lord, who obeys the voice of His Servant, yet who walks in darkness and deep trouble and has no shining splendor [in his heart]? Let him rely on, trust in, and be confident in the name of the Lord, and let him lean upon and be supported by his God" (Isaiah 50:10 AMP).

Comments